• Always use Honda Genuine Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant Type 2. Using a non-Honda coolant can result in corrosion, causing the cooling system to malfunction or fail.
• To avoid burning out the element, do not operate the engine block heater until it is installed in the vehicle and you have added coolant.
1. Allow the engine and all cooling system components to cool down.
2. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery:
• Wrap a shop towel around the hood latch.
• Remove the front bulkhead cover.
• Remove the intake air tube.
• Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.