NOTE: If you are also installing the backup sensors or rear welcome lights, install them before you install the hands-free access power tailgate.
1. Open the tailgate.
2. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery: • Wrap a shop towel around the hood latch.
• Remove the front bulkhead cover.
• Remove the intake air tube. • Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
3. Fold down the left and right rear seats, and move them forward.
4. Remove the left rear upper door sill trim.
5. Remove the cargo lid.
6. Remove the tool box.
7. Remove the rear trim panel.
8. Remove the two tie-down hooks.
9. Using a plastic trim tool, pull the cover, and remove the cargo hook.