1. Open the tailgate.
2. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery:
• Wrap a shop towel around the hood latch.
• Remove the front bulkhead cover.
• Remove the intake air tube.
• Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
3. Open the right rear door.
4. Remove the two self-tapping screws.
5. Release the right rear wheel arch protector.
6. Repeat steps 3 through 5 on the left side of the vehicle.
7. Remove the rear bumper:
• Apply masking tape as shown.
• Remove the two bumper screws, 10 self-tapping screws, and three clips.