1. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery:
• Wrap a shop towel around the hood latch.
• Remove the front bulkhead cover.
• Remove the intake air tube.
• Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
2. Remove the three self-tapping screws.
3. Remove the left front wheel arch protector.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 on the right side of the vehicle.
5. Remove the front bumper:
• Using a flat-tip screwdriver, remove the H emblem.
• Remove the front upper grille.
• Apply masking tape as shown.
• Remove the four self-tapping screws, eight clips, and eight flange bolts.
• With the help of an assistant, release the seven retaining tabs on each side.