1. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery:
• Wrap a shop towel around the hood latch.
• Remove the front bulkhead cover.
2. Open the lid. Remove the cover, and insert the key into the cover opening. Push on the key, move the shift lever to Drive.
3. Remove the key, and install the cover.
4. Remove the center tray.
5. Apply masking tape to the shift lever knob.
6. Remove the console panel, and release the vehicle clip. Unplug the vehicle connector if equipped.
If the vehicle is equipped with the vehicle switch, continue with step 7; otherwise, go to step 9.
With vehicle switch
7. Remove the vehicle switch from the console panel removed in step 6.
8. Install the vehicle switch to the new console panel with the two self-tapping screws removed in step 7. Go to step 12.