NOTE: These instructions show the left door edge guards being installed. The same procedure applies to installing the right door edge guards.
1. Identify each door edge guard by holding it up to the door and matching its contour with the door edge.
2. Clean and wax the areas to be covered with a high quality paste wax.
3. Gently place the left front door edge guard on the left front door. Line up the left front door edge guard with the contour of the door. Mark the inner door lip at the top edge and the sealant at the bottom edge of the left front door edge guard.
4. Remove the left front door edge guard.
5.Position the cutting edge of the seam sealant cutting tool against the door edge and carefully trim the seam sealant from mark to mark. The cutting tool cuts in one direction only.
6. Apply touch-up paint to the cut seam sealant area, and let it dry thoroughly.