NOTE: If you are also installing the trailer hitch harness, install it after you install the hands-free access power tailgate.
1. Open the tailgate.
2. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery:
• Wrap a shop towel around the hood latch.
• Remove the front bulkhead cover.
• Remove the intake air tube.
• Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
3. Pull each strap, and fold down the third row seats.
4. Remove the cargo lid.
5. Remove the cargo bin divider.
6. Release the 11 hooks.
7. Remove the vehicle frame.
8. Remove the rear trim panel.
9. Fold down the left second row seat, and move it forward.
10. Remove the left rear upper door sill trim.
11. Using an impact screwdriver, remove the two tie-down hooks.