1. Turn the steering wheel so the front wheels are in the straight-ahead position.
2. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery:
• Wrap a shop towel around the hood latch.
• Remove the front bulkhead cover.
• Remove the intake air tube.
• Disconnect the negative cable from the battery, and wait at least 3 minutes before you start to install the steering wheel.
3. Pull away the door opening seal, and remove the driver’s dashboard side lid.
4. Remove the driver’s dashboard lower cover, and unplug the vehicle connectors, and release the vehicle sensor.
5. Lower and pull out the steering wheel as shown, and remove the two TORX bolts.
6. Unplug the cable reel cord 1-pin connector and cable reel 2-pin connectors by squeezing and pulling up on the locking tabs.
NOTE: Be careful not to damage the connectors.