1. Clean and wax the area to be covered with a high-quality paste wax.
2. Open the moonroof. Roll up two shop towels, and insert them between the roof panel and air deflector to lower the air deflector. Be careful not to damage the air deflector.
3. Measure and make two marks on the roof panel at the measurements shown.
4. Using isopropyl alcohol on a shop towel, clean the roof panel at each of the two marks you have made but do not wipe off the marks.
5. Remove the adhesive backing from the two protective tapes, and attach one to the roof panel at each of the two marks you made. Wrap 10 mm (0.39 in.) of protective tape around the lip of the moonroof opening.
6. Locate the second indentations from the right front corner and left front corner of the moonroof opening. Using isopropyl alcohol on a shop towel, clean the roof panel where the protective tape will attach.