1. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery:
• Wrap a shop towel around the hood latch.
• Remove the front bulkhead cover.
• Remove the intake air tube.
• Disconnect the negative cable from the battery.
2. Open the right rear door.
3. Remove the two self-tapping screws.
4. Release the right rear wheel arch protector.
5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 on the left side of the vehicle.
6. Remove the rear bumper:
• Apply masking tape as shown.
• Remove the two bumper screws, 10 self-tapping screws, and three clips.
• With the help of an assistant, release the nine retaining tabs along the fenderwell on each side.
• With the help of an assistant, release the two retaining tabs on each side.