1. Using a utility knife, cut out the left side sill panel as shown. Remove any burrs.
2. Remove the undercoating as shown. Apply touch-up paint where you removed the undercoating and allow it to dry thoroughly.
3. Loosely install the left bracket A, left bracket B, and left bracket C to the vehicle panel with six flange bolts.
NOTE: Make sure that the brackets are installed in the correct positions and orientations.
4. With the help of an assistant, install the left running board to the left bracket A, left bracket B, and left bracket C with six flange bolts. Torque the flange bolts to 20 lb-ft (27 N·m).
5. Tighten the six flange bolts loosely installed in step 3. Torque the flange bolts to 20 lb-ft (27 N·m).
6. Repeat steps 1 through 5 on the right side of the vehicle. Download 2019 Honda Pilot Running Boards Installation Instructions