Developing your own film requires precision and practice, but, once mastered, gives you greater control over the final image.
Things You’ll Need : Negative Storage Files, Stirring Rods, Thermometers, Scissors
Storage Bottles, Darkroom Timers, Developing Tank And Reels, Film-hanging Clips, Fixer
Hypo Clearing Agent, Plastic Graduates, Stop Bath
Loading the Film
- Take film, bottle opener, scissors, developing tank and reels into a lightproof room.
- Organize the materials on a table.
- Turn off the light.
- Open the film canister at either end with the bottle opener.
- Take the film out of the canister and cut off the tab at the end to create a straight edge.
- Insert the edge into the clip at the center of the reel.
- Thread the film between the wire spiral on the top and bottom of the reel.