The Canon PIXMA MP810 is an all-in-one printer that allows users to print documents and photos as well as scan documents for saving to a computer. Once you have installed the correct computer drivers — which allow the computer and printer to communicate — printing and scanning are relatively simple tasks.
1. Lift the top panel of the machine up and place the document you want to scan on the glass face down.
2. Press the “Home” button on the front of the machine. This will open the Home menu on the machine’s LCD screen.
3. Scroll through the available options and select the “Scan” mode. This will open a submenu on the LCD screen.
4. Click the Scan button on the LCD and then click the “OK” button on the front of the machine.
5. Select “Color” or “Black” from the selections that appear on the LCD screen. Following that action, your document should scan and save to a file on your computer.
Tip: Proper installation of the printer drivers requires that you install the CD-ROM that came with the PIXMA MP810. Following that, connect the printer and computer via the supplied USB cable and you should be ready to scan.