The Canon fax machine enables you to store documents in the machine’s memory, so you can send them at any time instead of having to fax them immediately. Memory receiving allows you to hold received documents in the machine’s memory until you want to print them. The Canon fax machine can store up to 256 pages of documents in its memory, depending on your model. The “Memory Full” message appears on the display when you have too many documents saved. Make space for new documents by deleting one or all of the documents in the memory.
Delete Single Document
- Lift the one-touch speed dialing panel, if your Canon fax machine has one.
- Press “Menu,” then select “Memory Reference” and “Start” from the list of options. If your model has a “Memory Reference” button, press it instead.
- Press the up or down arrow buttons to highlight “Delete Document,” then press “Start” or “Set.”
- Press the arrow keys to highlight the document you wish to delete. Documents are listed by tracking numbers, such as “TX/RX NO.” Press “Start” or “Set.”
- Type your password if you want to delete a document in the polling box, then press “Set” or “Start.”
- Press “*” to delete the selected document, or press “#” to keep the document.
- Repeat this process for any other documents you want to delete. Press “Stop” to return to the main menu.
Delete All Documents
- Press the “Memory Reference” button, or press “Menu,” “Memory Reference” and “Start.”
- Press the arrow keys to highlight “Del. Printed RX.” Press “Start” or “Set.”
- Press “*” to delete all the documents in the machine’s memory, then press “#” to go back, or “Stop” to go to the main menu.