The Canon Pixma MX340 all-in-one printer can connect to a telephone line for sending documents with the fax machine function. You can send multiple pages at one time, adjust the contrast and resolution of the scanned document, and send in color or black and white. In addition, you can use the document feeder for inserting documents in the fax machine or manually insert each page of the document on the scanner’s platen glass. The method for faxing is slightly different for each insertion method.
1. Press the “Power” button on the left side of the Canon Pixma MX340 control panel. The “Power” button has a symbol of a circle with a line through it
2. Push the “Fax” button, which is the button located to the right of the “Power” button. It features an icon of a printer with a phone handset.
3. Place the document you want to fax face down on the scanner’s platen glass, or face up in the document feeder located on the top of the MX340 scanner cover.
4. Press the “Fax Quality” button, which is the third gray button to the left of the LCD screen on the control panel. “Scan Contrast” appears on the screen.
5. Push the right arrow button to increase the contrast or the left arrow button to decrease the contrast, and press “OK.” The right arrow, left arrow and “OK” buttons are located under the LCD screen. “Scan Resolution” appears on the screen.