Canon manufactures a wide variety of printers, each with its own particular features and benefits, such as the ability to scan documents or send faxes. Despite the differences between the various printer models, each Canon printer uses the same installation method, which you must perform before you can use the printer.
1. Plug one end of the USB cable into the USB port on the Canon printer and plug the other end into a USB port on your computer. Plug the power cable into the printer and outlet, but keep the printer off.
2. Insert the installation CD that was included with the printer into your computer’s optical drive.
3. Click “Cancel” when the New Hardware Wizard prompt appears.
4. Follow the installation prompts that appear once the installation CD has finished loading. If the installation CD doesn’t launch automatically, click “Start” then “Computer.” Double-click on the CD/DVD icon to view the CD’s contents. Double-click on “Setup.exe” to run the program. Wait for the drivers to be installed.
5. Turn on the printer when the Printer Connection screen appears. Follow the remaining on-screen prompts.
6. Click “Exit” after the installation wizard finishes.