Whether you have sensitive data stored on your Blu-ray player or want to keep your children from watching TV when they are home alone, remote codes are designed with you in mind. Many Panasonic remotes come with a selection of remote codes that you can activate to add a level of security to your TV, DVD or Blu-ray player. Once you have activated a particular remote code, the code itself is obtained from the device’s manual, in most cases.
- Press the “Power” button on the remote to turn on the Panasonic device.
- Press “Setup” to access the setup menu.
- Press the up arrow button, highlight “Others” and press “OK.”
- Highlight “Remote Control Code” and press “OK.”
- Highlight “Set Code 2” or “Set Code 3” and press “OK” on the remote.
- Press and hold the “OK” button and the number corresponding to your selected code for at least five seconds to activate the code. For example, press the “2” button and the “OK” button if you are activating Code 2. Consult the device’s manual to obtain your selected code.
- Press the “Setup” button to save your changes and exit the Setup menu.