When you need to adjust your Sony TV and require more technical options than the Home settings provide, you can access the Service Mode menu. Your Sony remote control enables you to access this menu with infrared signals. For example, the Service Mode menu for the Bravia 32BX3 includes 12 settings, such as Sound Adjust, Wide Band Tuner, Range Scan, Self-Diagnosis History and Status Information. Before you start tweaking these controls, know ahead of time what effect you require to make your Sony TV perform its best for your business presentation.
- Power off your TV. Clear any obstacles between the remote control sensor on the front of your TV and your Sony remote control.
- Point the remote control at your TV’s sensor and then press the following buttons one at a time in sequence: “Display,” “5” and the “+” volume up button. The Display button is located on the ring of curved buttons in the middle of the remote control.
- Press “Power” to view the Service Mode menu. Press the “<” or “>” buttons to navigate the menu.
Things Needed: Sony remote control
- Press the “Menu” or “Home” button to exit Service Mode.
- With certain models, press the “I+” button instead of the Display button.
- If fluorescent light interferes with the remote control signals, turn off this light source.
As a precaution, do not attempt to change these settings unless you know what results to expect.