A standby mode problem on your plasma TV can result in the TV being stuck in standby mode, failing to turn on or displaying audio without video and vice versa. You can troubleshoot a standby mode error by performing a power cycle or restoring the TV to its factory settings. Troubleshooting your TV on your own can save your business hundreds of dollars in repair and replacement costs.
Performing a Power Cycle
- Locate the power supply for the TV and unplug it from the electrical outlet.
- Press and hold the “Power” button on the TV for 60 seconds.
- Plug the power supply of the TV back into the wall and press the “Power” button to restart the TV.
Perform a Factory Reset
- Turn the television on.
- Press and hold the reset button on the remote control. If your remote control doesn’t have a reset button, press and hold the up arrow.
- Press the “Power” button on the front panel of the television while holding the reset or up arrow button on the remote.
- Release the reset or up arrow button on the remote and follow the setup instructions on the screen.