When your Samsung LED TV isn’t performing well, or if you’re not interested in the current settings, resetting the TV deletes saved settings such as audio and picture options to restore the factory defaults. A TV can be beneficial for connecting external devices such as computers and projectors for multimedia work such as business presentations, but if it’s not working the way you want, a reset is enough to fix minor glitches and enables you to program your settings from scratch.
- Press the “Menu” button on the Samsung LED TV or the remote control.
- Press the up or down arrow buttons and highlight “Support.” Press the “Enter” button to open the Support Menu.
- Select “Self Diagnosis” and press the “Enter” button. Select the “Reset” option and press “Enter.”
- Enter your TV’s security PIN. The default PIN is 0000; however, if you had previously changed it, enter the new PIN.
- Select “Yes” to confirm your selection when the “All settings will return to factory defaults except network settings” dialog message appears on the screen. The TV powers off automatically and restores the default factory settings.