Purchasing content from iTunes is not the only way that you can get media for your Apple TV. If you already have content in the iTunes library on your computer, you can stream the content from the computer to your Apple TV. This feature can save you money because you don’t have to repurchase content from iTunes to play on your TV if you already have the content in your computer’s iTunes library. You have to activate the Home Sharing feature on your Apple TV and iTunes on your computer to stream content.
- Launch iTunes on your computer, then click “Advanced” from the menu bar.
- Click “Turn on Home Sharing” from the drop-down list, then enter your Apple ID and password in the appropriate boxes and click “Create Home Share.”
- Select “Settings” from the main menu on your Apple TV, then select “Computers.”
- Select “Turn On Home Sharing,” then enter your Apple ID and password in the appropriate boxes. The iTunes library on your computer automatically appears in “Computers” on the Apple TV menu.
- Select the name of your iTunes library under “Computers.” Select the content in the library that you want to stream to your Apple TV.