A Brother laser printer enables you to print letters, photos, labels and other documents for your business. Occasionally, dust builds up on the outside of the printer and inside the paper tray. Over time, the printer’s scanner window and corona wire also get dirty, and this may affect print quality. Brother recommends that you regularly clean the printer’s exterior and interior to prevent poor-quality printing.
Clean the Printer’s Exterior
1. Power off the Brother laser printer and disconnect the power cord.
2. Slide the paper tray out from the bottom of the printer and set it aside.
3. Wipe the printer’s exterior with a lint-free cloth to remove dust. If necessary, dampen the cloth with cool water to remove stains.
4. Remove pieces of paper and other debris from the inside of the paper tray and wipe it with a cloth.
5. Slide the paper tray back into the printer. Reconnect the power cord and press the “Power” button.