All-in-one printers such as the HP PSC 1500 make it possible for you to not only print documents but also scan them in color or black and white. If you own an HP PSC 1500, you might find that scanning with the printer is not as straightforward as printing is. Scanning with your HP PSC 1500 requires using the HP software to configure and edit the scanned documents.
1. Click “Start,” then “All Programs,” and then click “HP Image Zone” to launch the HP PSC 1500 scanning software.
2. Lift the scan cover and place your document face down on the front-right corner of the scan area. Put the HP PSC 1500 cover back down.
3. Press the “Start Scan” button located on the left side panel.
4. Look at the previewed image that appears as the HP PSC 1500 scans the document. Adjust the scanned image and its dimensions by moving the highlighted window over the document. If you scanned a small document, for instance, you may want to crop this area so that only the document itself is saved as an image and not a big blank area.
5. Click “Accept” to accept the changes that you have made to the scanned image. HP Image Zone opens and shows the image to you. You can crop the image further by using the Crop tool, rotate the image by clicking “Rotate” or make the image bigger or smaller by clicking “Resize.”
6. Click “File,” and then click “Save As.” Type in a name for your scanned document and then click “Save” to complete the process of scanning using the HP PSC 1500.