Lexmark inkjet printers come with drivers and a software package containing an ink-level monitor that lets you know when your cartridges are low. However, if your company uses refilled ink cartridges instead of expensive new ones, you will need to reset the ink levels on your Lexmark to get an accurate idea of how much ink is actually left.
1. Click the Windows Start button and select “All Programs.”
2. Select “Printer Solution Center” from the list of installed programs.
3. Select the “Maintenance” tab.
4. Select “Install a New Printer Cartridge” and click “Next” until the Printer Alignment Page is displayed.
5. Click “Print” to complete the process. Repeat the steps if the ink-level monitor is not displaying correctly; it may take two or three times to completely reset.