Hewlett-Packard Jetdirect print servers enable you to connect an HP printer to your network so all computers on the network can use it. This saves businesses the need to purchase separate printers for each computer and makes it possible for every employee to print documents from his own computer. The print server may need to be reset to factory settings to resolve an IP address conflict with another device on the network. The reset procedures differ for internal Jetdirect cards and external Jetdirect devices, but the reset process is quite simple for all Jetdirect servers.
- Turn off your printer.
- Hold down the “Online” or “Go” button on your printer and turn the printer back on.
- Wait a few seconds until you see the words “Cold Reset” or “Restoring Factory Settings” in your LCD readout panel, or for the indicator lights to cycle on if your printer does not have a readout panel. Release the button once you see the message or the lights.
- Change your printer settings as necessary from your printer console or by installing and using the Jetadmin software that was provided with your server.
External and LIO Servers
- Unplug the power cord of your external server or press the side latches of your LIO server card to remove it from the rear card slot of your HP 1300 LaserJet, HP CP1160 inkjet or HP CP1700 inkjet printer.
- Press and hold the test button of your LIO card or external server while you reinsert the card into its slot or plug the device back into your wall outlet.
- Release the test button after about five seconds for an LIO card or up to 30 seconds for an external device. Change the settings of your server as necessary from your printer console or by installing and using the Jetadmin software that came with your server.