If you attempt to print a document or photo on your Epson Stylus NX300 and the printer’s screen displays a notification that one of the ink cartridges is empty, you must replace the cartridge to continue printing. When an ink cartridge is low, you may also see problems such as colors that appear faded, washed out or missing. Replace all empty ink cartridges to resolve this issue and return the Stylus NX300 to normal operation.
- Check the message displayed on the screen of the Epson Stylus NX300. Push the “OK” button on the printer’s control panel to clear the error.
- Place your hands in the depressions under the sides of the scanner bed, and lift up to raise the top half of the Stylus NX300 to the open position. You should now see the carrier for the ink cartridges on the right side of the printer.
- Place your hand in the depression on the back side of the ink cartridge carrier. Swing the cover up and toward you to open it.
- Push the release lever on the back of the empty cartridge, and slide the cartridge up to remove it from the carrier.
- Shake the new cartridge gently to distribute the ink inside, and then remove it from its foil wrapper. Peel the protective film off of the sides and bottom of the cartridge, being careful not to touch the nozzle or electronic components.
- Turn the cartridge so the nozzle faces down and the release lever faces away from you. Lower the cartridge into the empty slot on the carrier until the release lever clicks.
- Return the cover for the ink cartridge carrier to its original position, and lower the top of of the Stylus NX300 to close the printer.
- Push the “OK” button on the Stylus NX300 control panel, and wait for the screen to display a message notifying you that the printer is ready to use. Push the “Menu” button to clear the message and resume using the printer.