Brother is a company that manufactures printers for both home and office purposes. Usually, printers include a CD-ROM with the required software or drivers to use the printer on a computer. If the included CD-ROM has been misplaced, the printer can still be installed. Your computer’s operating system may automatically download driver files once the printer is connected to the computer. If the computer’s operating system does not automatically install the drivers for the Brother printer, the files can be manually downloaded and installed from Brother’s official website.
- Parallel cable
- USB cable
1. Connect the Brother printer to the computer via a USB or parallel cable, depending on the printer model.
2. Press the “Power” button on the Brother printer. A pop-up window should appear to install the new hardware. If it does not appear, continue on to the next steps.
3. Open an Internet browser on your computer and visit the official Brother International website (see Resources).
4. Click the “Support” link at the top of the Brother International home page.
5. Click the button labeled “Software Downloads.”