While many people may think of TVs as merely a source of entertainment, they can be effective business tools as well. Many business owners use TVs to stay abreast of industry news, display presentations for employees or to entertain waiting clients or customers. If you use a Vizio TV in your business, you can fix minor bugs with the unit’s software or even add or enhance features with a firmware upgrade. Most Vizio TVs allow you to upgrade the firmware. With some models the task requires no effort because the updates occur automatically. With some models, though, you must download the update and install it manually.
Prepare the USB Flash Drive
- Insert the flash drive into an available USB port on the computer. Wait for Windows to recognize and configure the flash drive. If an AutoPlay window appears, close it.
- Click the Windows “Start” button and select “Computer.” After Windows Explorer opens, right-click the drive letter assigned by Windows to the USB flash drive and click “Format” from the context menu.
- Click the “File System” drop-down menu and select “FAT32.”
- Choose “Quick Format” and click “Start.” Wait for Windows to reformat the flash drive with the FAT32 file system. Close the Format window after Windows confirms that the USB flash drive was formatted successfully.
Downloading and Installing the Update
- Open your Web browser and navigate to the Vizio website (see Resources.) Click the “Support” link and select “Downloads.”
- Enter the model number of your Vizio TV into the Search By Model Number field and click the arrow icon. Alternatively, click the “Select Your Product” drop-down list and scroll down to the model number of your Vizio TV. The downloads page for your TV will appear on the screen.