The Sharp Aquos LCD TV in your office, employee lounge or waiting room lets viewers watch television shows and movies in high definition. Sharp occasionally releases firmware updates that improve the television’s features, add more functionality and repair software problems. To keep your television in top working order, download the latest firmware update for your Aquos model and install it on the set via a USB memory stick.
Download the Update
- Insert a USB memory stick into your computer’s USB port.
- Open your Web browser and go to the Sharp product downloads page (link in Resources).
- Select “LCD TVs” in the product category menu, then select your TV’s model number. Click “Firmware” in the download type menu, then click “Search.”
- Click the firmware for your television model, then click “OK” and “Save.”
- Double-click the firmware file when it finishes downloading, then click “Extract.” Select your USB stick as the extraction location.
- Eject the USB stick from the computer by clicking the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the system tray. Remove the USB stick.
Install the Firmware
- Insert the USB stick into the USB port on the side of the Aquos TV.
- Power on the television. Press “Menu,” then select “Digital Setup.”
- Highlight “Software Update” and press “enter your TV’s model number.” Enter your four-digit password.
- Press “Enter” to check the USB stick. When the television detects the firmware, press “Enter” twice. A status bar displays the progress of the firmware update. During the update, the television turns off and back on.
- Press “Enter” when the update completes, then remove the USB stick from the set.