Apple’s MacBook Pro and MacBook Air notebook computers lack industry-standard connection ports for video. Since they don’t have a 15-pin standard VGA port or an HDMI port, you will need to use an adapter to connect an HDMI cable to the computer’s Mini DisplayPort. This third-party adapter makes connecting your MacBook to a Vizio high-definition TV (or any other video device with an HDMI port) a simple process. Once you’ve connected to the adapter, you’ll be able to make business presentations in your boardroom on your Vizio TV.
- Insert the Mini DisplayPort plug on the adapter into the Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt port on your MacBook. It will only connect one way, so do not force it.
- Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the port on your adapter. Since the HDMI connector is slightly wider on one end than the other, it will only fit one way. Don’t force the connector.
- Insert the other end of the HDMI cable into an available HDMI port on your Vizio TV.
- Turn on the Vizio TV by pressing its “Power” button.
- Press the “Input” button on the TV remote to select the input to which your MacBook is connected. If an on-screen menu appears, use the “Down Arrow” button to scroll down to the correct input and press the “OK” button to select it.