Philips TV sets have a full range of features including a broad range of inputs. Since many of them offer both High-Definition Multimedia Interface and Video Graphics Adapter inputs, connecting a PC is a relatively easy task. An HDMI connection is the easiest because it requires just a single cable. Since Philips TV sets have large, high-definition screens, they are excellent for sharing a larger version of your computer’s output so that you can use it to make presentations to customers about products or services.
Using an HDMI Cable
- Press the “Power” buttons on your computer and Philips TV to turn them off. Unplug them from the wall.
- Connect a HDMI cable to your computer’s HDMI port. Since it will only go in the correct way, ensure that you orient it correctly and do not force it.
- Insert the plug on the other end of the cable into an open HDMI port on your Philips TV.
- Plug both your TV and computer back into the wall and press their respective “Power” buttons to turn them on.
- Press the “Source” button on the TV’s remote control until the HDMI port to which you connected your PC is selected. You might need to press it a few times to cycle through to the correct input.