While you can download and store ringtones on your phone or computer, you cannot download ringback tones. Ringback tones are stored on your carrier’s computers, and your carrier implements the ringback tone feature.
Things You’ll Need : Cellphone that supports ringback tones
Choose Ringback Tones for Your Phone
Sign up for your cellphone provider’s ringback tone service. This usually requires you to consent to a monthly subscription fee in addition to the fee associated with each ringback tone. Both fees are typically nominal, though they can add up fast.
Browse through your favorite musical categories to find artists and songs you like. Some pages display the most popular or featured ringback tones to help you choose tones that are currently in fashion. Consider what type of ringback tone you want. Choosing popular songs, movie themes, college songs and messages from celebrities are all options.
Buy ringback tones you like with one click. You don’t have to supply a credit card or other form of payment. Your ringback tones and your subscription fee will be included in your monthly cellphone bill. Manage ringback tones in your account setting on your service provider’s website. You can assign different ringback tones to different times of the day or days of the week, pick specific callers to hear the tones and change your default sound.
Tips & Warnings
- Buy new ringback tones directly from your cellphone using text messaging or built-in ringback tone and ringtone shopping features.
- Choose a cellphone provider with ringback tone service if you are in the market for a new provider and really want this feature.
- Set up your phone to play ringback tones in a random order for added interest and variety. That way, your callers are treated to a surprise each time they call you.
- Don’t fall for scams for downloading ringback tones. It’s impossible to install ringback tones on your own phone.
- Don’t plan on keeping the ringback tones you buy forever. Most become inactive one year from their purchase dates, and you have to buy them again.
- Don’t download more ringback tones than your account can handle. Check with your provider to determine how many ringback tones each user can buy.