In Windows, you can cancel any print job by following the steps below after you’ve started printing something.
Cancel a print job from the Notification Area
- When starting to print something in Windows a printer icon is shown in the Windows Notification Area, right-click this icon. If you do not see a printer icon click the Up arrow in the Notification Area to show all icons.
- Click Open All Active Printers.
- Right-click on the print job you want to cancel and then click Cancel.
- When prompted click Yes to cancel the print job.
Cancel from print jobs from Control Panel
Alternatively to the above suggestions you can also cancel print jobs through the Control Panel by following the steps below.
- Open the Control Panel
- Open Devices and Printers, Printers, or Printers and Faxes depending on your version of Windows.
- Double-click on the name of the printer that is being used.
- If any print jobs are in the queue click on either the 1 document(s) in queue or double-click on See what’s printing. Once done you should see a window similar to the above example, following the above steps allows you to cancel the print job.